Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jesus Junk .....

If you're in 'the biz', you hear this term used often (Jesus Junk)...

Now, before all you overly sensitive, live to be offended, pharisees (oh no he dieenn, oh yes I diiid) get all mad and act like somebody took your cookie.... let me explain.

Definition (according to urbandictionary.com)

Jesus Junk
Now, I've seen my fair share of this stuff... some of it, at times, can be clever.... but most of the time it's just stupid, shows zero creativity, and most of the time it's simply pandering to the 'Christian Consumer' .... I have found however, the cheesier it is, the better it sells. ~~Side note~~ typically when ordering new product for the store, if we think it's awful, it sells... if we think it's really nice and trendy, it quickly becomes the fat kid in dodge ball....

...Now that the explanation is out of the way ....

Once a week, I'm going to do my best to post, "Jesus Junk of the Week", complete with pictures, descriptions, etc...

So, as always, if you see something worthy of "Jesus Junk of the Week" (by the way, when you say that, you have to do it with a booming-deep voice).... email me all the juicy details and I'll see if it makes the cut.

I'll do some looking today and get the first "Jesus Junk of the Week" post up...... Good Talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment