Saturday, July 30, 2011

She did WHAAAAAAAAAT?

We opened the store in the fall of 2000, by the end of 2001, we had completely remodeled the store. Completely gutted the place, knocked out the back wall, increased floor space, built a 'quiet room' (that is normally my ebay store operations center)... it was an undertaking, to say the least.

It's important to note that this 'incident' happened about one month before we began the construction phase of our business..... Cuz if happened a year later, I'd STILL be traumatized.

During this time in our store's history, I was in school, again.... I had been at class one day and returned to the store in the afternoon. As I walked in, I saw my dad's face and realized that 'something had gone down'.... literally.

~~I must take this moment to let you know about my family history, cuz it's important to this story. When I was a baby, my dad wouldn't change my diaper, the very sight smell of 'baby droppings' would send him into immediate gag reflex. Well, one day he had me all day, and after a while felt sorry for me laying there in my own filth, so he decided to change the diaper... he proceeded to use nearly 30 baby wipes, nearly throwing up after every attempt at wiping my precious little baby booty. So needless to say, he can't handle stuff like this~~

Back to the story at hand...

He began to tell me that earlier, an elderly lady had come in the store, purchased a 'super giant print bible' and had a name engraved on it. As he was ringing up the sale on the register... that's when it happened...

A faint aroma of 'funk smell' began to permeate the air... it got worse... it got much worse.

He tried to ignore it..... there was no ignoring this.... something terrible must have happened.

The lady then spoke two words that now echo in the corners of our store and minds. As a matter of fact when you come in, listen closely and you might be able to hear it...

She looked up at my poor poor father and said..... "Uh Oh"..... (those words still haunt me)

Dad, with reluctant terror walked around the counter and looked down to the floor. That's when he saw it. This poor lady's "Depends" had failed her.... leaking the contents into our carpet.

That's right, this poor elderly lady had basically taken a dump in our floor.

Dad, showed her the restroom so she could clean up.... and my dad, a man that only changed my diaper once mind you, was forced to clean Old Lady Poop out of our carpet.

Karma folks... Karma! :)

3 comments:

  1. LOL! That is hilarious and DISGUSTING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahaha!!! I will ALWAYS appreciate and love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I remember this story from when it happened! hilarious!

    ReplyDelete